- Close the section isolating valve, this will raise an alarm indicating zone isolation
- Now, open the test valve, if no water comes out, then it means the NR valve placed after the section isolating valve is not leaking.
- Since, the section after the NR valve remains pressurized, opening of the drain valve will cause the water pressure in the section line to decrease. A pressure switch sensor senses the decreased pressure & raises an alarm.
- Now, close the drain valve, open the section isolating stop valve. To check the flow switch, open the flow test switch to activate an alarm.
- Allthe above alarms will be indicated on the navigation bridge, E/room as well as in the Fire Control Room. The alarm will also indicate the particular zone from where it has risen.
- Ifall the alarm conditions are satisfied, close all the testing valves, open the section isolating valve, purge the sprinkler line by air and again keep the line pressurized. Check from the pressure gauge, that proper pressure has been maintained or not
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators