- Modern crosshead engine fitted with a centrally mounter exhaust valve utilize uniflow scavenging
- Because of this , 3 injectors are placed circumferentially around the cylinder head.
- The atmosing holes , which are of different design to those of centrally placed injectors are designed to inject the fuel into the air swirl without contacting the liner surface.
- A single injector could not be used because because it would result in poor air/fuel mixing with poor combustion and localized high temperature, although some ebgine utilizes 2 injectors per cylinder.
- Due to tangential design of the scavenge ports ,chatge air rotates around the cylinder acts in swirl action which promotes better mixing of fuel from 3 injectors and the air.
- This overall result in uniform temp distribution , more efficient combustion and lower exhaust temperature
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators
Post a Comment
If you have any doubts.Please let me know