- Confirm all fitting has been closed properly
- Adjust tappet clearance. Take crankshaft deflection if bearings renewed.
- Open cooling water check for leak (through cylinder head , crankcase)
- Purge the cooling water line ,check pressure. Open warming up line
- Start LO priming pump , check flow , check pressure , purge LO cooler and filter
- Check play of connecting rod and measure clearances
- Engage turning gear and turn few revolution
- All ok , carryput blow through
- Check pressure of bearings
- Check temp of all bearings
- Start engine at reduced speed.
- Check all parameter ( LO pressure , FO pressure, scav pressure , CW pressure, exhaust temp)
- Check for any leakage
- Stop engine and carry out crank case inspection
- Adjust tappet if required
- If all OK run engine in Off load condition and check parameters
- Run engine on partial load and slowly increase load.
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators