- Start air valve for that unit may be sticking . The remedy is to give a kick in the opposite direction . Now a different unit will recieve start air due to the change in the crank position
- The reverse control valve is jammed.
- The reversing servo motor of the fuel or start air distributer is jammed or gets stuck befor reaching a new end position due to insufficient oil pressure . Therefore the enfine turns on air but no fuel is released as the rotation direction safegaurd block it
- If the engine is running in one direction and reversed , propellor continues to turn in that direction. Therfore more air and fuel is required for starting against the propelllor force . If the engine still doesnt start , the propellor may tend to turn the engine in the orginal direction ie opposite to the given movement . Therefore the rotational direction safegaurd blocks the fuel
- Reversing interlock malfunctioning
- The coil of the solinoid valve for thr desired direction or rotation doesnot get voltage
- Control air signal for desired direction of rotation doesnot reach the engine . Loosen piping and check the air route or the defective valve.
- Proximity sensor faulty ( of air distributer or fuek pump servo motor)
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators