- Check tensioning
- Adjacent cylinder head seen lifting.
- Pressing thumb in contact with cylinder jacket and nail in contact with tie bolt nut - small movement
- Fretting wear
- Visually - the cylinder head at adjacent of the slacknor broken tie rod can be seen lifting up during end of compression stroke or at firing stroke
- By dial gauge - Put dial gauge between cylinder head bolt and tie rod nut. See the deflection in the gauge.
- Washer -If washer fitted between the tir rod bolt and nut , then it can be seen twisted during the firing stroke or at the end of compression stroke
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators