- Combined effect of reduced effectiveness of L.O and directional thrust of the con rod.
- This is maximum at around 45 degree ATDC Uneven loading of units and overloading
- Max Allowed: 1/4th of the bearing clearance
- Removed By: Insitu Grinding and polishing
- Reference: Fillet of crank web
- Max. Allowed Grinding: 2mm, because after grinding 2mm or more surface hardness reduces drastically. Due to this maximum allowable grinding is 2mm. Bottom bearing damage reason is the ovality, bearing clearance and condition of L.O supply
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators