- Two journal bearings one on the turbine side and one on the compressor side support the weight of the rotor and provide lubrication as well as vibration inhibition.
- A thrust bearing with 2 forward and aft faces is also fitted on the compressor side on either side of a thrust collar.
- The lubricant is externally supplied to the turbo charger at specific temperature and pressure by the turbo charger LO pumps.
- The LO header tank is fitted on top to provide lubrication in case of sudden engine stop or blackout.
- Oil labyrinth and gas labryinths are provided on both sides to prevent leakage
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators