- By LO branching pipe coming from main LO pump through the nozzle and sprayed on to the thrust collar.
- Rotation of thrust collar causing the formation of LO wedge.
- Hydrodynamic fluid film to be formed between rotating and stationary part .
- This film prevents metal to metal contact .ie between the thrust pad and collar .
- Pad is same material as white metal bearing
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators