- Seal is gripping on to the chrome liner.Chrome liner is bolted on to propeller boss(aft)
- Fwd chrome liner is fitted on to a clamp ring . Clamp rings are of 2 halves and have holes.
- Aft sealing assembly consist of 2 main and 1 aux sealing rings.All sealing rings are spring loaded .Fwd sealing ring prevent oil leakage to sea .Lip seals hold oil within Stern tube and accepts small misalignment
- Chrome liner act as rubbing surfaces for lip seals .The chrome liner at the aft end protects the steel shaft from seawater and corrosion .Grooving will not happen on the shaft because of liner, so that the chrome liner can be machined or can be shifted axially by putting spacer.If grooving occurs leak will start.
- As per diagram the space between #2 and #3 is connected to header tank ,#3s is the spare seal
- If water content found on the stern tube that means along with #1 and #2 , then #3 seal is also leaking.Then we have to put #3s seal in use.
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators
Post a Comment
If you have any doubts.Please let me know