- Cut out the fuel pump by lifting and securing the roller guide.
- Put the exhaust valve out of action , so that valve remain closed.
- Dismantle the starting air pipe.ie Blank the main pipe and Control air pipe for the cylinder.
- Suspend piston and crosshead.
- Take connecting rod out of crankcase
- Blank off the oil inlet to the crosshead.
- Set the cylinder lubricator for the unit to zero discharge.
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators