- Engine stop, Immobilization permit from port authority
- Entire oil charge should be pumped by Px or transfer pump to LO settling tank.
- It is allowed to settle for 24 hrs with heating about 60 degree celcius,
- Water and Sludge should be drained out periodically.
- Cleaning of interior sump tank and careful examination.
- The oil should be passed through the Px at its optimum purification efficiency and then pumped back into the sump tank.
Batch purification is required when
If oil is suspected containing strong acid.
- High insoluble content due to poor combustion or water due to leak in cooling system
- Suspecting biological contamination