- Jack bolts are used in Sulzer RTA engines
- Tie rod should always be as close as possible to the crankshaft
- Adv of bringing tie rod closer is to reduce the bending moment on transverse girder.
- If there is bending moment on transverse girder cracks would propagate ie why Sulzer has employed a jack bolt so that the bearing top cover is held in position by the jack bolts.
- In B & W main bearing top cover is in two pieces.ie bearing cover or keep in of 2 pieces.
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators
Post a Comment
If you have any doubts.Please let me know