- High condensor pressure.
- Small bubble in sight glass of condensor\reciever.
- Compressor discharge pressure and temp high.
- More super heat.
- Pressure fluctuations,
- Insufficient working(Temp of room is not coming in time)
- Pressure temp relations at compressor discharge and reciever would not match with P-T chart of the refrigerant.
Procedure for Purging
- During normal running , measure liquid refrigerant pressure , temp at outlet of condenser\receiver.
- Check corresponding saturation temp for the recorded pressure from P-T chart of the refrigerant
- Compared the measured temp with the determined saturation temp for any sub cooling \under cooling.Adjust the flow of cooling water through condenser to achieve the saturation condition.
Purging of Air.
- Close condenser outlet valve,
- Circulate cooling water .
- Pump refrigerant to the condenser/receiver till the compressor trips on LP cutout.(Reduce the LP cut out setting above the atmosphere pressure)
- Circulate cooling water till inlet and outlet temp becomes equal .Ensure complete refrigerant has pump down.
- Check condensor sea water outlet temp. Check the refrigerant pressure corresponding to this temp from P-T chart of refrigerant has pump down.
- Due to the pressure of air they don't agree .
- Release air from the condensor through the vent and collect it on to a recollecting bottle until the pressure of the refrigerant in the condenser corresponds to the saturation pressure at the cooling water outlet temperature