- All opening on weather deck are water tight.
- Height of the coaming , air pipes and door sills above weather deck.
- The change in freeboard depend on degree of water tightness.
- Water in deck should be removed immediately , bulwark need freeing ports , scupppers.
- In type A ship due to small freeboard open rails should be fitted instead of bulwark.
- Hatch coaming , hatch cover , Air pipes should be strong enough to resist pounding from sea
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators