- Most of the bearings used on the engines work on the principle of hydrodynamic lubrication.
- During hydrodynamic lubrication, there is no metal-to-metal contact between the bearing and the shaft. The bearing and shaft is separated by lubricating oil film.
- This oil film is formed due to the rotation of the shaft inside the bearing. As the speed of the shaft increases, more oil is drawn between the shaft and the bearing and thicker lubricating oil film is formed.
- During starting of the engine, the speed is very low. Hence it is difficult to form a hydrodynamic lubrication between the shaft and the bearing.
- During this time, for a short period, there is metal-to-metal contact between the shaft and the bearing surface.
- Hence this is the most crucial period as the characteristics of the lubricating oil (oiliness) comes into use and this is time when more wiping out of the bearing takes place.
- Hence it is necessary to coat the bearings with anti-friction material to reduce the friction between the bearing and the shaft at the time of starting because once the engine is started and the engine has achieved the speed, the white metal does not play an important role because there is no metal-to-metal contact and it is pure hydrodynamic lubrication.
- Hence white soft coating is useful for the boundary lubrication which is existing at the time of starting the engine.
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators
Impressive and powerful suggestion by the author of this blog are really helpful to me. Ss Fasteners Manufacturers In IndiaReplyDelete
This blog is really helpful to deliver updated affairs over internet which is really appraisable. Carbon Steel Pipe suppliersReplyDelete
I found one successful example of this truth through this blog. I am going to use such information now. stainless steel pipe suppliersReplyDelete
I got some valuable points through this blog. carbon steel pipe fittings manufacturersReplyDelete
Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . Api 5l Grade BReplyDelete
Thanks for share your blog here . carbon steel pipe fittings manufacturersReplyDelete
It is really a helpful blog to find some different source to add my knowledge. stainless steel pipe fittings manufacturersReplyDelete