- Inform bridge and take controls to ECR.
- Raise engineers alarm and inform C/E
- Start Aux engine which is in standby.
- Record time of failure / Maintain timings of events.
- Assess the situation and if the repair / restarts need considerable time then prepare for anchorage if depth permits.
- Ascertain cause of failure.
- Ascertain if Shore assistance is required.
- Ascertain time required to repair start repair and inform bridge of the progress and expected time of completion.
- Inform company’s technical department.
- After rectifying the fault, start M/E and try out in ahead and astern direction
- Make a report of the failure and damage.
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators
Post a Comment
If you have any doubts.Please let me know