- It is a two dimensional drawing of a three dimensional surface of the ship’s hull form.
- This plan is very useful for the following information:It is used for marking the location of a hull Damage on this plan by identifying the strake number , letter and frame number so that the exact location of the damage and also suggested repairs are marked in a localised copy.
- The shell expansion can be used for finding areas of painting surfaces such as topside, boot topping and bottom areas by applying Simpsons rules directly.
- In the shell expansion the vertical scale used is different from the horizontal scale and a suitable adjustment has to be made when calculating areas.
- This becomes useful in solving disputes concerning areas of preparation and painting.
- It gives information on the thickness of the original strake which is indicated by the number in the circle shown in the strake.
- The quality of steel used is also shown by letters A,B,D E and AH, BH,DH, EH.
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators