- Maintaining the Engine and equipment in order as Per PMS.
- Fuel injector, T/C, EGB routine maintenance, proper Injection timing , VIT adjustment.
- Regular Propeller and Hull cleaning .
- ICCP proper use of right amp and current to avoid the fouling.
- Avoid unnecessary running of DG unless safety requirement.
- Achieve optimum trim (not by head down)
- Efficient operation of deck cranes
- Closing boiler steam for undesirable bunker tanks
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators