- The internal of the Fresh Water Generator is coated with 2 layers of Nordtec Ceramic 2212 FDA (Food grade coating).
- It is developed for Freshwater generators. It is designed as an abrasion resistant and fluid flow ceramic coating.
- It coating is reinforced with ceramic and carbide particles to obtain a high level of abrasion and erosion resistance and physical, mechanical strength.
- The outside of the Fresh Water Generator, is primed and coated with two component paint.
- As per manual – shell is coated with Neoprene coating and top cover- pure epoxy coating & bottom cover- Neoprene coating
Any opening in a pressure vessel is kept to a minimum and for a man entry an elliptical hole is lesser in size than the corresponding circular hole. More over it is prime concern to have a smoothed generous radius at the corners to eliminate stress concentration. Hence other geometrical shapes like rectangle and square are ruled out. To compensate for the loss of material in the shell due to opening, a doubler ring has to be provided around the opening. The thickness of the ring depends on the axis length along the dirrection in which the stresses are maximum and the thickness of the shell. It is important to align the minor axis along the length of the vessel, as the stress in this direction is maximum. Longitudinal stress: Pd/2t where P= pressure inside the vessel, d= diameter of the arc, t= thickness of the shell plating Circumferential stress: Pd/4t More over a considerable material and weight saving is achieved as minor is along the direction of maximum stress.