Thermal insulation must be fitted to refrigerated cargo tanks for the following reasons:
• To minimise heat flow into cargo tanks, thus reducing boil-off.
• To protect the tanker structure around the cargo tanks from the effects of low temperature.
Insulation materials for use on gas carriers should possess the following main characteristics:
• Low thermal conductivity.
• Ability to bear loads.
• Ability to withstand mechanical damage.
• Light weight.
• Unaffected by cargo liquid or vapour.
Thank you for sharing this article here.I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent information about Insulation Material. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading.ReplyDelete