- Should not be of cast iron
- Must be Class approved
- Fitted at easily accessible location as far as practicable readily visible
- Indicators are to provided local to the valve ie ,showing whether they are open or shut
- Valve spindle are to extend above the lower platform.
- Valves and distance pieces extended for the installation on the ship side below the load water line are to be tested by hydraulic pressure not less than 5 bar.
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators