The procedure refers to purging of air from 4 ram type steering gear system:
- Carry out the system isolation as mentioned before.
- In case of hydraulic ram type steering gear, the casing and the sump should be maintained with 75% of its capacity.
- Turning bar inserted in the holes of flexible coupling between motor and pump.
- The air release purge screws on the cylinders are then opened partially. Use correct allen key.
- The pump put on stroke by pressing the end button of the bi-directional valve.
- The gear is slowly moved from one direction to another. Ram movement should be on both sides.
- The level in the tank should start to fall.
- Air free or bubble free liquid should escape through air release valves.
- Stop pressing the end button of the bi-directional valve and stop turning the pump.
- Switch on the breaker and Start the electric motor. Put the switch on local.
- Under local control, use bi directional valve to move the gear should be moved from one side to another.
- The air release on the cylinders is noted and the gear is slowly moved from one direction to another.
- The travel of the rams should be gradually increased, until air free oil is discharged.
- Pumps are changed over by change over switch.
- Ram movement is continued, first with one pump and then with other pump.
- Air release valves are checked periodically to ensure that air has been released.
- Tighten the air release purge screws.
- The system is cross checked by giving various helm movements from bridge and from steering flat.
Post a Comment
If you have any doubts.Please let me know