- ULSD contains low level of lubricity.
- Natural lubricity is provided by oxygen and nitrogen compounds aromatics ,hydrocarbons and sulphur.
- Refining process reduces these chemicals.
- Engine and fuel oil system rely heavily on lubricity for proper operation.
- Insufficient lubricity leads to premature failure of wear related fuel system components including fuel pump and injector.
- ULSD is hygroscopic fuel .This means it absorbs water from atmosphere
- Water weaks havac in diesel fuel system causing corrosion and failure of metal componets such as fuel tanks, pumps and injectors .
- Water leads to microbial contamination which results in plugged fuel lines and filters
- In cold climate water freezes resulting in reduced power and total engine shutdown.
The electrohydraulic control mechanisms of the ME engine replace the following components of the conventional MC engine: Chain drive for camshaft Camshaft with fuel cams, exhaust cams and indicator cams Fuel pump actuating gear, including roller guides and reversing mechanism Conventional fuel pressure booster and VIT system Exhaust valve actuating gear and roller guides Engine driven starting air distributor Electronic governor with actuator Regulating shaft Engine side control console Mechanical cylinder lubricators. The Engine Control System of the ME engine comprises: Control units Hydraulic power supply unit Hydraulic cylinder units, including: Electronically controlled fuel injection, and Electronically controlled exhaust valve activation Electronically controlled starting air valves Electronically controlled auxiliary blowers Integrated electronic governor functions Tacho system Electronically controlled Alpha lubricators
Great website and an interesting post. keep posting. Glad to read this article. Thank you so much for sharing this post with us. Used Dodge EngineReplyDelete